No idea why I’m even writing this. Guess platitudes are waiting to burst out of my chest or something. But in any event…
A few things I’ve learned in 44 years of life on the planet.
- There is always a price. For everything. TANSTAAFL isn’t just a law of economics; it’s the law of nature.
- Difference between men and boys is the willingness to pay the price.
- The difference between wise and foolish men is the recognition of the real price.
- All of those inspirational “Follow Your Dreams” posters are bullshit, simply because they fail to take into account the issue of Ability and Talent.
- At the same time, if you would make money, do what you love.
- There is a fine line between being practical and being scared. Wisdom lies in knowing where that line is for you.
- As Alison Krauss sang, Love conquers few. The one area of your life where you must be as cold-blooded and hard-eyed as the banker for a drug cartel is romantic love.
- We may be spirits in the material world, but we’re also animals who do it like they do on the DIscovery Channel.
- Men and women have never been, are not, and never will be equal. Because biology and evolution.
- Equality and Respect are not mutually exclusive; indeed, respect may be possible only when inequality is recognized.
- Christianity is the best religion, because it is the easiest religion. That yoke is light.
- Youth is wasted on the young, but wisdom is wasted on the old. If only I knew then what I know now; if only I could dare now what I dared then.
- The two most useless emotions are guilt and regret.